Baby Light is a children's book for the family. It's an invitation to for parents, coaches and educators to co-create spaces for a new conversations that inspire curiosity and practice wonder.
Baby Light Book
Baby Light is a story of love. It’s a journey of our family coming together to play and create a new narrative. It's a celebration of the life around us, and a tribute to the sources of nourishment and inspiration that enliven our soul everyday.
Light is everywhere in the universe. It's our source of life and renewal. Baby Light offers a simple and powerful perspective in looking at what light is all about, through inquiry and playfulness. It's a way to go deeper with how beauty affects us right NOW; It’s about building a mindful life, one that inspires an open mind, an open heart and an open will.
We are compelled to see this little story be a dialogue builder, a new way of creating a space for children and parents, for families, to celebrate beauty everyday. This is an invitation and is our desire to support human beings develop emotional, cognitive, relational, somatic and spiritual competence, to serve as a foundation for growth and development and to live life to its fullest.
Here are some of the key practices I would offer as insights for parents and educators. I would love to hear your insights and any other findings that may come up for you.
Baby Light helps children and families to:
- Observe light through a dynamic lens of inquiry, through the eyes of a child by engaging the whole being.
- Build competency in the streams of cognitive, relational, emotional, somatic spiritual knowing and integrating. (I attribute these streams to New Ventures West, the coaching school that has been a great foundation for my personal development)
This is answered through the questions:
- What is light? (Cognitive)
- What feelings does it evoke? (Emotional)
- What does light mean to you? (Relational)
- What happens in your body when light shows up? (Somatic)
- What’s your story about light? (Spiritual)
- What’s the impact in the universe? (Integrating)
- Practice gratitude, wonder and beauty
- Practice listening and observation skills
- Notice all the gorgeous geometry that surrounds us and to introduce very simplistically some basic concepts of optics and the laws of reflection.(Baby Light Character is a prism that breaks light into visible colors and is composed of three basic shapes, triangle, circle and square.)
- Look deeply into the wonders of light as a miracle of nature and the science of life, like noticing cycles in nature, such as that of day becoming night
- Maximize the engagement of all senses, including sight, touch, taste, movement, smell, hearing, etc.
- Create a safe space for building trust and learning and playing together